"Sometimes adventure calls and we ignore it. We miss the opportunity for a lifetime of memories. Go ahead, be adventurous" ~Maria Villanueva

October 02, 2010

Spooky Pankcakes

Thank goodness I don't have to hold myself back anymore from decorating for Halloween!! I LOVE Halloween and if I wouldn't worry about "what the neighbors might think" I'd be decorating since August!

I usually already have my costume planned out by the time October 1st comes around.  I usually have all my party invitations done by today too.  It's such a fun Holiday, don't you think? although I love Halloween, I usually favor the non gory stuff (unlike my husband and boys).  I'm more into the pretty Geisha girl or the sexy nurse or the Alice in wonderland.  I would even do the dead bride but hold back on the gory.  Jack and Sally from Nightmare before Christmas is about as gory as I would get.  I guess I'm more of a Disney Halloween kind of girl.  In fact, Disney has this huge party during October that we love to go to.  You get to dress up in your favorite costumes (non gory looking) and have fun the entire night at Disney's California Adventure Park.

To start off this spooky Holiday, I decided to surprise my family with a Halloween themed breakfast.

To create an ambiance, I played a Halloween CD in the background and did a little decorating around the house, I'll post that later.

I use Aunt Jemima pancake mix but you can use your favorite recipe:
Mix ingredients:
 Once you have the batter, add a little food coloring at a time and mix until you have the color you want:
 it will look like this:
 cook your pancakes and be creative when dropping the batter on the hot pan so that you have a little variety of shapes.  Use some of this for decorating:
 the kids can decorate their own pancake (pumpkin)

another idea is to sift some powder sugar on pakcake: NO FOOD COLORING for this one:
Sift the powder sugar on pancake then use the Wilton Gel to decorate:



And for the eggs and bacon man of the house, something I saw in Martha Stewart's magazine:



The trick is to cut the bacon with scissors and place like this:

Cook the egg whites first, manipulate it in the pan to keep the shape of a skull as best you can, then cook each yolk at a time to your desired doneness and place carefully on the skull:



*****BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!*****



14 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to meet you! hahaha what a funny food! I love it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool creativity w/ breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these! I think that I may have to make a batch of these for breakfast tomorrow.. or if I can't wait THAT long we may just have to have breakfast for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fantastic. I would probably be the only one who enjoyed it here but it would be fun for me :) so creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love LOVE the Jack Skellington one! I'm going to make these the morning of Halloween! (Pancakes are a perfect Sunday morning breakfast aren't they?) Thanks for sharing!

    Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - you did all that for breakfast - how cool is that - I bet your kids love to eat your food. Thanks for sharing that. I like the pancakes. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say this is one of my favorite posts-so creative-I don't have any kids, but if I did, I would want to do the same-what memories they will have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very creative! I bet the pancakes (and all) were a delight shared by your entire family!! I know people here are starting to decorate for Halloween; saw a lot of ghosts and goblins on our walk with the dog this morning :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really make me smile with such a creative way to serve breakfast.
    2 pancakes to me please! :)

    Mely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be careful giving people spooky pancakes, they choke on their food with fright.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this post. What great ideas.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!i love BACON!i love that idea...i LOVE Halloween...maybe i'll share my Halloween decorating on my blog...you are brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails